Monday, July 14, 2008

Preparing for baby

Working on the Nursery

We have been working hard to get our house ready for the arrival of our little girl. I wanted to share a few photos of Daddy hard at work in the nursery. He did almost all the work himself (with some help from Grandpa) and I am so proud of him. I stuck to the decorating and a little painting- which was really fun.

Turning the room from sage green to pink and cream was a challenge. I think Ian ended up painting more than 6 layers- between primer and 2 of each color. I also changed my mind halfway and we ended up mixing colors to make the pink lighter and the white more creamy. He deserves a medal for putting up with my indecision. It turned out perfect!

Ian and dad working on the chair railing and new base molding for the room. It sounded like a good idea when we started, but it was quite a project. Funny how that happens with most home improvement projects.

I'm going to leave out the final result, as an attempt to get everyone to visit us and see it first hand . . . but I have to say it's pretty cute!

2 comments:

Katie said...

I'm loving your dad and Ian in DeWalt shirts!!! That's hilarious!! I'm going to send you an email with our dates for vacation. I want to get together and maybe meet this "Ian" character!!

Megan said...

Can't wait to see the finished nursery! Nothing you do ever turns out less than perfect, so I'm sure it's gorgeous.

Now if only this little munchkin would make her appearance...

And I thought July 15th would be a PERFECT birthday!

Talk to you very soon!