Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Happy Birthday . . .

America!!! Did you really think I was going to say Lila?!?! I still have 3 more days- come on people, you know me better than that! I am savoring every last day of my "baby days" until I have to (begrudingliy, if you must know) call her a 1 Year Old- Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

So here are some pix of our 4th of July Celebration with the little lady. I remember all too well our 2008 celebration that included a very pregnant me, some rain, some sticky hot yucky weather and a little disappointment (on my part) that "baby P" was not in fact going go be born on the fourth of july. Somehow in my crazy-party-planning-mind I thought this Birthday would be super fun. What better way to celebrate your birthday each year than with fireworks?!? But our little lady had a different idea. She, in fact, wanted me to wait all 40 weeks (plus 2 more days) to make her arrival. She wanted to do things on her own timeline and on her own terms, a trait which has continued to be one of her trademarks throughout he first year of life. More to come on those "lila trademarks" in her birthday post. I've already started formulating it in my mind- does that surprise anyone?!?

Back to the pictures. . .


Captivated by the 4th of July Parade!

Wave that flag!!! Don't you love the vampire teeth- her side ones came down faster than the middle 2- so she looks like she has little fangs. So cute!!!

Daddy and Lila celebrating America's Birthday!



The firetrucks and ambulances were a big hit- she loved the flashing lights



Waiting for the Garrett Hill parade to start


Our family at the country club for fireworks. Lila did surprisingly well, a little tired b/c it was 2 hours past her bedtime, but not one tear.


She held onto this flag with a death-grip. It was very popular that day!!

Look who's standing- not walking- but standing and dancing!! Was this adorable 8 yr old really my little flower girl- man, I'm getting old!


The kids together at the club for fireworks. Three of these little angles belong to Ian's best friend Matt and his wonderful wife Moira, the cutie standing in the back with the Monkey (also known as Monk- a baby gift from yours truly, that turned into her favorite friend) is Taylor, my high school BFF Jen's daughter, and of course the smiley one in the middle is our little Lila! I think these kids will be buddies forever- and the parents are going to make sure that happens!!!

No comments: